Miss Lady Godiva Speaks
Saturday, April 02, 2005
  Common and the upcoming BE album
Example
He's back!


I have been jamming this album since I got hold of it last week (in true CD Form). Let me be the first to congratulate Common for his hardworking on this new lyrical piece. Erykah must have did some major stuff to make you come back all hard and whatnot. I am just happy that the brotha isn't wearing burlap kufis anymore. I mean I love the Queen Afua thing too but seriously...Everyone likes the taste of chicken.

I don't want to say much in fear of being sued or attack by the RIAA, but BE promises to be a classic. Production wise, Kanye "the Konceited Kappa" West, does his thing, but that isn't the drawing factor of this album. Jaydee makes a few production appearances on this album and I actually prefer his styling under Common's vocals. I am probably being biased regarding this preference considering that I am a Detroiter, but Like Water for Chocolate, alone is still a better album than most people give it credit for.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
From the quirky sistah's perspective.

Name:
Location: Transplated Detroiter, New York City, United States

Allow my temporary unemployment to provide you with minutes of laughter and shame.

Archives
March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / January 2006 / October 2006 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]