Miss Lady Godiva Speaks
Thursday, April 28, 2005
  Small Minded Negroes get on my nerves OPEN LETTER TO BLACK MEN #1
Just because I may be a little quirky does not mean that I am "white", "weird", or "crazy".

Yes. I shop at thrift stores and order off ebay. I do not like "Apple Bottoms" or "GUESS". I will not buy the new Azzure Denim jogging suit. Most of my jewelry is from other countries. Stop talking about the way I dress and kiss my ass.

No. I do not listen to the radio. That means I like better music than you. Do not be offended just take some time to explore the music I want to share with you.
Nigga!

Yes. I eat Sushi. WOW! Yes you can eat raw fish. That does not mean I am "weird".

Yes. I like wearing my hair many different ways. This afro that I have does not mean that I am going to go and read some poetry, bust out a chew stick and start tallking about the "REVOLUTION!". I will play some Slim Thuggah is this Mofo and get CRUNK.

BUY THAT NEW PAUL WALL BITCHES!!!

Example

It just means that I have a lot more interests and experience than most other people that you deem to be of your cailber.

Well how about you aren't one of mine buddy!

Huh?

How about that!

Let's think about the fact that:

A. I am pretty. Eff that! I am freaking cute. And I work out!
I know more about nutrition and fitness than you think sweetheart and just because your haven't seen a gym since 2001 does not mean that I should just accept the fact that I should be with a man that does not work out or take care of himself.

B. I am one smart cookie sweetie! I am well traveled, well read, intelligent, and witty. My comedic stylings are appreciated by many once they get to know me and dammit I am always willing to learn and grow through wisdom. But your black ass cannot seem to gather the fact that I am not about being used for certain stuff. Just because I use proper grammar skills and pride myself on English literature does not mean that I am not from the streets. Get out of your box and shut the hell up.

C. Another thing...Don't try to catagorize me. Don't try to break me down into the category of the average woman. I am not made to fit in a box and frankly that is where you mess up. Hell! My idol is Grace Jones! You should already be ready to know that I ain't on that regular stuff.

D. I am mad crafty. I do my own hair, sewing, nails, hell I can even change the oil for my car. Yes, that is right. I do shit for myself but when you bring your unreliable ass into my life and say you wanna be helpful and shit and don't thats whack as shit. I do not need a man to do everything for me but if you cannot do basic stuff like return phone calls or courtesy then we clearly have mad problems.

E. I like to do exciting things. Fool! I don't wanna go the movies with you for a date. I can do that with my friends. Let's go out somewhere different. I like basic stuff too! I like fine dining and all, but sometimes I want to go and hit up laser tag and eat Taco Bell. And then the next day, I might wanna go see the Sankofa Movie series. Open your mind! I don't give a hoot or a hollar about how shady and systematically jilted you feel women are, realize I am not typical and shut the hell up.

It makes me sick when men mess up good things because they refuse to be open minded or be expressive. I will express myself (with tact) in any occasion. I know I am a quirky woman and all my friends are too. I am a good woman firstly. I know that I have a very giving and caring spirit. I like to be there for people and I get joy out of being a smile to someone's day.

DAMMIT!

My friends are a direct reflection of my interests and connections with people and the arts. If that poses a problem then move on.

Don't criticize my friends. Don't criticize my lifestyle!

Example


ALEXANDER O'NEAL
GENIUS OF THE DAMN WEEK!
HIT IT BABY!

Song - Criticize

Can't you find something else to talk about?
Is this song the only one you sins?
Makes you look better when you put things down?
Value your opinion!
Don't criticize my friends
criticize my ideas
Don't criticize my life style
I'm fed up 'cause all you wanna do is criticize.
You've just closed your mind
ooh ooh - criticize!
Yov don't realize - all you wanna do is criticize.
I just want what is right
still you say
criticize.
Now can't we talk this over?
'Cause your conversation ain't right.
We can make our love stronger
you don't have to think twice.
Don't criticize my friends
criticize my ideas
. . .
You've just closed your mind
ooh ooh - criticize! . . .
You've just closed your mind
ooh ooh - critieize! . . .
Don't criticize my mode
dear
criticize my feeling
Don't criticize my tears
dear
I'm fed up 'cause all you wanna do is criticize.
You've just closed your mind
ooh ooh - criticize! . . .
You've just closed your mind
ooh ooh - criticize! . . .
You've just closed your mind
ooh ooh - criticize! . . .
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
From the quirky sistah's perspective.

Name:
Location: Transplated Detroiter, New York City, United States

Allow my temporary unemployment to provide you with minutes of laughter and shame.

Archives
March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / January 2006 / October 2006 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]