Miss Lady Godiva Speaks
Saturday, April 16, 2005
  White People, Guilt, and Protecting Their Silly Asses
Welcome to another installment of my life: Day Saturday, April 16th and Time: Early As Hell. I am temping at this Emergency Services sect out of DC for some extra and well-needed cash. However, I am dressed a little too darn proper for this work environment. I could of shown up in a doo-rag, Seven Jeans, and an old Michigan Alumni T-Shirt. Instead, I am wearing dress slacks and a suit jacket. Am I annoyed? Yes. Will I wear this tomorrow? Hell and No.

This assignment deals with the security issues surrounding the IMF/World Bank protestors that are going be advocating "FREE WORLD, END DEBT!" chants and staging ill-informed and stupidly general acts of I'M ANGRY, I'M WHITE, and MY PARENTS PAID FOR ME TO STINK AND SMELL LIKE DOGSHIT and I LOVE BOB MARLEY! CHANT DOWN BABYLON!

Example




I hate these people.
With a passion.
Emphatically!

My parents back home are freaking out about my well-being. Ever since my assignment ended in March, I have been in a race against time to find steady employment, coupled with benefits, and a night-time job in order to go back to "Hurr School" for the summer. Luckily, my contract was extended to next weekend, which means I will be working while hunting vigorously for solid employment and a steady salary.

God is still good, regardless.


INVOKING THE SPIRIT OF A TERRY MCMILLAN READER - MY MOMMA


I have noticed that I am becoming an 40 year-old, Black woman. For example, today I was jamming in the shower listening to Patrice Rushen, "Where There is Love" off the album, Straight From the Heart (the shit), and realized that I started doing the "Whoooo! They don't sang it like dis' no mo'!" For one, what the hell am I talking about? I was like 2 when the album, Straight From the Heart, was pressed out. I mean yeah I remember being in my mom's car, at age 5, and watching my mom sing loud and crazy whenever she heard her "JAM" come on the radio. That was embarrassing enough, riding with her down Joy Rd. being extra ready to duck down and avoid being looked at. Yet, slowly but surely, I am turning into a carbon copy of "the older, black woman that couldn't keep it together when she would hear Lenny Williams". Hell...All I need now is a Newport, Miller Draft 12oz., and an excuse to have a Bidwisk party.


"Damn...I am getting too old for all this" - Danny "Crazy Black Man" Glover (Lethal Weapon 1,2,3,and 4)


Musical Genius of the Day: Angela Bofill :Under the Moon and Over the Sky

Example
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
From the quirky sistah's perspective.

Name:
Location: Transplated Detroiter, New York City, United States

Allow my temporary unemployment to provide you with minutes of laughter and shame.

Archives
March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / January 2006 / October 2006 / July 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]